Sunday, November 23, 2008

Psalm 91

One dwelling in the secret of the Most High
in the shadow of the Sufficient will remain

I will say to יְהוָה
my refuge and my fortress
my God
I will trust in him

For he will deliver you from a trapper's snare
from desire's plague
With his feathers he will cover you
and beneath his wings you will trust
a grappling hook and shield his truth

You will not fear for dread by night
for an arrow that flies by day
for the plague that walks in gloom
for destruction that wastes at noon

A thousand will fall at your side
and ten thousand at your right hand
to you it will not come near
but with your eyes you will be attentive
and the reward of the wicked you will see

For you יְהוָה are my refuge

You have made the Most High your home
evil is not allowed to come to you
and illness will not come into your tent
for he will instruct his messengers about you
to keep you in all your ways
in their hands they will lift you up
in case you strike your foot with a stone
you will make your way over lion and adder
you will trample young lion and dragon

Because he loved me so I will deliver him
I will set him on high for he has known my name
he will call me and I will answer him
I am with him in trouble
I will rescue him and I will glorify him
With length of days I will satisfy him
and I will show him in my salvation


References (22) to עֶלְיוֹן in the Psalms
Psalm --7 יח on high עֶלְיוֹן
Psalm --9 ג on high עֶלְיוֹן
Psalm -18 יד the LORD and the Highest יְהוָה וְעֶלְיוֹן
Psalm -21 ח of the highest עֶלְיוֹן
Psalm -46 ה the Most High עֶלְיוֹן
Psalm -47 ג Most High עֶלְיוֹן
Psalm -50 יד to the Most High לְעֶלְיוֹן
Psalm -57 ג Most High עֶלְיוֹן
Psalm -73 יא in the most high בְעֶלְיוֹן
Psalm -77 יא the Most High עֶלְיוֹן
Psalm -78 לה the Most High עֶלְיוֹן
Psalm -78 נו Most High עֶלְיוֹן
Psalm -78 יז the Most High עֶלְיוֹן
Psalm -82 ו the Most High עֶלְיוֹן
Psalm -83 יט high עֶלְיוֹן
Psalm -87 ה the Most High עֶלְיוֹן
Psalm -89 כח on high עֶלְיוֹן
Psalm -91 א the Most High עֶלְיוֹן
Psalm -91 ט the Most High עֶלְיוֹן
Psalm -92 ב O Most High עֶלְיוֹן
Psalm -97 ט are most high עֶלְיוֹן
Psalm 107 יא the Most High עֶלְיוֹן

To שַׁדַּי
Psalm -68 יד the Almighty שַׁדַּי
Psalm -91 א the sufficient שַׁדַּי

No comments: