Friday, September 12, 2008

Psalm 146

Hallelu Yah
Praise יְהוָה O my being
I will praise יְהוָה in my life
I will sing praises to my God while I am

Do not rely on princes or children of the dust
where there is no salvation
Their breath goes forth and returns to their dust
In that day their thoughts perish

Happy are all who have the God of Jacob for their help
Their hope is in יְהוָה their God
who makes heaven and earth and the sea and all that is in it

keeping truth for ever
executing judgment for the oppressed
giving bread to the hungry
יְהוָה freeing prisoners
יְהוָה giving sight to the blind
יְהוָה raising the humiliated
יְהוָה loving the righteous
יְהוָה preserving the stranger

orphan and widow he restores
and the way of the wicked he bends
יְהוָה will reign for ever
your God Zion from age to age
Hallelu Yah

Notes: By this time in the message of the psalter the covenant people are plural so I have taken the liberty of making singulars plural in verses 4 and 5.

No comments: