Friday, December 12, 2008

Psalm 62

For the leader
for Jeduthun (see also Psalm 39 and Psalm 77)
A Psalm
Of David
Surely on God my being waits
from him is my salvation
surely he is my rock and my salvation
my defense so I will not be greatly shaken

How long will you imagine violence against each other
you will be demolished all of you
as a house wall with a bulge
as a fence that is pushed over

surely from his exaltation they plan isolation
they favour a lie with their mouth
they bless but inwardly they curse
Selah
Surely my being wait for God
for from him is my hope
surely he is my rock and my salvation
my defense so I will not be shaken
in God is my safety and my glory
the rock of my strength my refuge in God
Trust in him for all time O people
pour out to his face your heart
God is a refuge for us
Selah
Surely the children of dust are emptiness
the children of humanity a lie
to be weighed in the balance
they are emptiness altogether
do not trust in oppression or in robbery
do not become empty
if riches increase
you will not set your heart on them

God spoke once, twice I heard this
for strength is God's
and of you O Lord there is mercy
for you complete each according to his works

No comments: