Thursday, November 06, 2008

Distribution of the great 8






The great 8 are on the right - law or instruction, testimony, promise, precept, statute, commandment, judgment, word.

About 18 months ago, I counted them. I hope the counts are the same this time. (Hours later - after many refinements ...)

The sequence of rules is sensitive and I just came across the problem of root letters missing from the word on the page. I see no immediate solution but to code some individual exceptions until I figure out when to insert an 'H' or whatever is needed. In this case the example is mitsvot - which drops the H from tsvh.

It is a near impossibility to code such a rule. How do we do it! By applying several rules concurrently and then choosing the most likely. Too much for me at the moment.

No comments: