Friday, January 04, 2008

Are there surprises in the Psalter?

It will continue to be a slow process - not like the instant visual gratification (though intellectual disappointment) you might get in a film. I have re-imaged psalm 1 and psalm 2 slightly. At the bottom of each is a graph of a measure of connectivity with other psalms.

We are experimenting with new data structures. The diagrams make good test data but the measurements of my ad hoc formula are too rough. Psalms 2 and 149 have a stronger relationship than that highlighted in the graph - as I noted in an earlier post. Still, I expect that as I re-examine each psalm, I will find some profiles that stand out and demand more detailed analysis.

If you are new to the blog - be sure and examine the draft portrait of the psalter.

No comments: