Sunday, December 30, 2007

Tightening up the algorithm

I suspect that no one is too interested in these algorithmic meanderings. I looked at the high score against psalm 51 thinking it was odd that psalm 71 was the winner - and the initial similar words turn out to be random connections - how does one tell? (You can see the joint diagram with a few inter-connections shown here.) There is no apparent pattern of order or disorder (Except the first person singular that I pointed out already). So I am going to insist on contiguity in the letters of fire before counting the word a 'match'. Insisting on contiguous letters in both words reduces the match count between these two psalms to 81 from 105 and 90% of the hits are really the same root.

when came to him בְּבוֹא אֵלָיו to all who come לְכָל יָבוֹא
when came to him בְּבוֹא אֵלָיו to go to לָבוֹא
when came to him בְּבוֹא אֵלָיו incline to me הַטֵּה אֵלַי
because he had come כַּאֲשֶׁר בָּא who has done אֲשֶׁר עָשִׂיתָ
because he had come כַּאֲשֶׁר בָּא who אֲשֶׁר
because he had come כַּאֲשֶׁר בָּא which אֲשֶׁר
from my guilt מֵעֲו‍ֹנִי even my tongue גַּם לְשׁוֹנִי
from my guilt מֵעֲו‍ֹנִי a shelter מָעוֹן
from my guilt מֵעֲו‍ֹנִי an evil מְעַוֵּל
I will know אֲנִי אֵדָע but I וַאֲנִי
I will know אֲנִי אֵדָע Also I גַּם אֲנִי
continually תָמִיד continually תָּמִיד
continually תָמִיד continually תָּמִיד
continually תָמִיד from the hand of מִיַּד
continually תָמִיד continually תָמִיד
to you separate לְבַדְּךָ yours alone לְבַדֶּךָ
I have done עָשִׂיתִי who has done אֲשֶׁר עָשִׂיתָ
you will be just תִּצְדַּק your righteousness all day צִדְקָתֶךָ כָּל הַיּוֹם
you will be just תִּצְדַּק your righteousness צִדְקָתְךָ
you will be just תִּצְדַּק and your righteousness וְצִדְקָתְךָ
you will be just תִּצְדַּק your righteousness צִדְקָתֶךָ
you will be just תִּצְדַּק in your righteousness בְּצִדְקָתְךָ
conceived me יֶחֱמַתְנִי you have taught me לִמַּדְתַּנִי
conceived me יֶחֱמַתְנִי and comfort me תְּנַחֲמֵנִי
my mother אִמִּי from the womb of my mother מִמְּעֵי אִמִּי
So truth הֵן אֱמֶת in your truth אֲמִתְּךָ
in the inward parts בַטֻּחוֹת my trust מִבְטַחִי
you will make me to know תוֹדִיעֵנִי and save me וְהוֹשִׁיעֵנִי
you will make me to know תוֹדִיעֵנִי to save me לְהוֹשִׁיעֵנִי
You will offer me תְּחַטְּאֵנִי but I וַאֲנִי
You will offer me תְּחַטְּאֵנִי and give me life תְּחַיֵּנִי
You will offer me תְּחַטְּאֵנִי Also I גַּם אֲנִי
Make me to hear תַּשְׁמִיעֵנִי and save me וְהוֹשִׁיעֵנִי
Make me to hear תַּשְׁמִיעֵנִי to save me לְהוֹשִׁיעֵנִי
and all my guilt וְכָל עֲו‍ֹנֹתַי and dishonour from seeking וּכְלִמָּה מְבַקְשֵׁי
and all my guilt וְכָל עֲו‍ֹנֹתַי a shelter מָעוֹן
Do not cast me אַל תַּשְׁלִיכֵנִי by you עָלֶיךָ
Do not cast me אַל תַּשְׁלִיכֵנִי do not cast me off אַל תַּשְׁלִיכֵנִי
from me מִמֶּנִּי from me מִמֶּנִּי
return הָשִׁיבָה and grey haired וְשֵׂיבָה
free offering נְדִיבָה and grey haired וְשֵׂיבָה
support me תִסְמְכֵנִי I have been supported נִסְמַכְתִּי
I will teach אֲלַמְּדָה you have taught me לִמַּדְתַּנִי
to you אֵלֶיךָ incline to me הַטֵּה אֵלַי
to you אֵלֶיךָ by you עָלֶיךָ
to you אֵלֶיךָ do not cast me off אַל תַּשְׁלִיכֵנִי
will be turned יָשׁוּבוּ will turn תָּשׁוּב
will be turned יָשׁוּבוּ you will turn תָּשׁוּב
Deliver me הַצִּילֵנִי you will deliver me תַּצִּילֵנִי
Deliver me הַצִּילֵנִי to deliver מַצִּיל
my God אֱלֹהֵי O my God אֱלֹהָי
my God אֱלֹהֵי O my God secure me אֱלֹהַי פַּלְּטֵנִי
my God אֱלֹהֵי My God אֱלֹהַי
my salvation תְּשׁוּעָתִי your salvation תְּשׁוּעָתֶךָ
my salvation תְּשׁוּעָתִי will turn תָּשׁוּב
my salvation תְּשׁוּעָתִי you will turn תָּשׁוּב
will sing aloud תְּרַנֵּן will greatly rejoice תְּרַנֵּנָּה
my tongue לְשׁוֹנִי even my tongue גַּם לְשׁוֹנִי
your righteousness צִדְקָתֶךָ your righteousness all day צִדְקָתֶךָ כָּל הַיּוֹם
your righteousness צִדְקָתֶךָ your righteousness צִדְקָתְךָ
your righteousness צִדְקָתֶךָ and your righteousness וְצִדְקָתְךָ
your righteousness צִדְקָתֶךָ your righteousness צִדְקָתֶךָ
your righteousness צִדְקָתֶךָ in your righteousness בְּצִדְקָתְךָ
Lord אֲדֹנָי O Lord אֲדֹנָי
Lord אֲדֹנָי O Lord אֲדֹנָי
my lips שְׂפָתַי and I will repeat וְהוֹסַפְתִּי
my lips שְׂפָתַי my lips שְׂפָתַי
will make evident יַגִּיד I have made known אַגִּיד
will make evident יַגִּיד till I have made known עַד אַגִּיד
your praise תְּהִלָּתֶךָ all your praises עַל כָּל תְּהִלָּתֶךָ
your praise תְּהִלָּתֶךָ is my praise תְהִלָּתִי
your praise תְּהִלָּתֶךָ your praise תְּהִלָּתֶךָ
burnt offering עוֹלָה an evil מְעַוֵּל
the walls of חוֹמוֹת and sour man וְחוֹמֵץ
sacrifices of righteousness זִבְחֵי צֶדֶק your righteousness all day צִדְקָתֶךָ כָּל הַיּוֹם
sacrifices of righteousness זִבְחֵי צֶדֶק your righteousness צִדְקָתְךָ
sacrifices of righteousness זִבְחֵי צֶדֶק and your righteousness וְצִדְקָתְךָ
sacrifices of righteousness זִבְחֵי צֶדֶק your righteousness צִדְקָתֶךָ
sacrifices of righteousness זִבְחֵי צֶדֶק in your righteousness בְּצִדְקָתְךָ
burnt offering עוֹלָה an evil מְעַוֵּל
and whole offering וְכָלִיל in this instrument of skin בִכְלִי נֶבֶל

No comments: