Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Second Pass


I have begun a second pass at the psalms - it will be as random as the first and will gradually make navigation more complete, correct some translation infelicities but also introduce some new relationships as I discover them in reading and meditation. Today I read the Journal for the Study of the Old Testament - An Integrated Reading of Psalms 1 and 2 - by Robert Cole and I have prepared a brief diagram that illustrates the verbal parallels between the two psalms. They are substantial.

The article is available online through Sage Journals Online and is part of their current promotion (free till January 31). I really enjoyed this article which includes some nice recognition of links between Psalms 1 and 2, 110, and 149 and Joshua 1 and Malachi. Well worth reading. Given the blogabout on Psalm 2 last spring, it is interesting how Cole supports the reading of BAR in Psalm 2. He gives different support but confirms the conclusion I drew in May based only on repetition in the Psalm.

No comments: